Requirements to obtain the American Passport
Requirements for American Passport:
The requirements for obtaining a U.S. passport vary depending on each applicant’s individual situation, but the general requirements are as follows:
- Be a U.S. citizen by birth or naturalization.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship, such as a birth certificate or naturalization certificate.
- Provide valid photo identification, such as a U.S. driver’s license, military ID, or a previous passport.
- Provide two high-quality passport-size photographs that meet specific passport photo requirements.
- Pay the appropriate fee. Fees vary depending on the type of passport and the age of the applicant.
- If the applicant is a minor, the presence of one or both parents or legal guardians will also be required to sign the passport application. In addition, if the applicant has outstanding debts owed to the U.S. government, the issuance of a passport may be denied until those debts are paid or settled.
About 10 years ago I was in dire need of Business and Tax help… Then I met IRBusiness and things have been running great ever since. I appreciate all her help and experience with everything. Her entire team has an abundance of knowledge and i trust them thoroughly, I couldn't ask for a more reliable set of people in my corner.Bertha Gonzalez Ben's Tires and Brakes